My husband has written over 100 posts. I have some catching up to do.
I’ve been wanting to write down some people I have noticed over the past few months while going through my daily routine of bus and work and bus home.
– The bus driver on the 6 every morning at 7:00. Yesterday was his last day on this line because they are changing around the driver schedules. He talks to me about politics and budgeting, and football. (I mostly listen).
– The barista at the La Boulange next to our school that I (try not to) go to every day for coffee. He once told me I couldn’t have the school discount because he didn’t understand what I was asking for… and now I always feel awkward asking him for it.
– The flamboyant elderly man that sweeps the sidewalk in front of his house on Oak St. every morning at 7:10. “Good morning, gorgeous!” I once tried to have a conversation with him, but I don’t think he can hear very well.
– The security guards at the JCC when you walk in. They always look so official and I always try to smile at them so they don’t think I’m a terrorist.
– The 7 year old who rides the shuttle bus to the JCC with us every day- he points out every taxi and cement mixer we pass, with his Russian accent.
– The woman who rides my bus home. She is never without braided pigtails and chewing gum.
Anyway… a glimpse into my life.